What has been registered for FITs?
We used to monitor the numbers, sizes and types of installation registered for Feed-In Tariffs
We analysed the FITs registrations up to the end of 2015.
We have ceased updating the statistics in this section, because the frequent changes to the Feed-in Tariff mechanism have made it too time-consuming and the introduction of caps make (the maximum level of) deployment rather predictable.
The recent figures from the register as at the end of 2015 are summarised in this table.
|Source/Copyright||Analysis by Feed-in Tariffs Ltd from data on Ofgem's FIT register|
It is important to remember that this analysis is based on the date the installations are registered, not when they are installed.
More detailed analysis
We also analysed these figures in more detail by:
- The energy technology used
- The month when registered (to end 2012 only)
- The region of installation (to end 2012 only)
- The type of user (the register has four categories, but we mostly use only domestic and non-domestic)
- Historical estimates of annual spend on tariff payments
See the menu on the left for these analyses.
Source of data
The data in this section comes from Ofgem's online reporting function to interrogate the register of accredited installations.