Buying a House in London. Do You Need a Solicitor?
London is the largest city and capital of the United Kingdom.
Besides, being such a large city it is also one of the most beautiful ones in the whole UK to buy the house of your dreams.
Although there are various factors to consider other than the beauty of the city while buying a property. These factors include the neighbourhood, services, legalities, and the price of properties.
One such factor is discussed in this article, the legal aspect of a property purchase and whether you need the expert help of a solicitor in managing it or not.
Who is a Solicitor?
Solicitors are legal professionals qualified to deal with legal matters such as conveyancing, property transferring or will making.
A solicitor provides the client with legal support, advice, and representation in various matters, such as criminal law, business law, family law, and property law.
They usually deal with the paperwork and communications involved with the client’s case. They ensure the accuracy of all procedures and give legal advice while preparing court paperwork when necessary.
What Does A Solicitor Do?
Here are the two major work of a solicitor:
- Contentious legal work: It involves resolving cases in court or at the tribunal.
- Non-contentious legal work: It deals with the legal aspects of either a business or an individual – this could be anything from managing a company merger to drawing up a will.
Their duties include researching cases and legislation and drafting letters and other legal documents. It also involves working closely with another set of solicitors working for the other party involved in the sale.
Solicitors also handle all the legal aspects of buying property on behalf of their clients. This involves running searches with local authorities, confirming ownership, agreeing on a sale price, and making relevant checks on the mortgage paperwork.
Do You Need A Solicitor To Buy A House In London?
For a smooth property purchase process, it highly recommended to hire an experienced solicitor.
Here are the top reasons that you need the help of a specialised London conveyancing solicitor like AVRillo conveyancing to buy a house in London:
- The main reason why a solicitor is needed when you are buying a property is to ensure that all the legal requirements are correct.
- The conveyancing process takes around 12-16 weeks, and If you are buying a house, you will need a solicitor to help you through the process with ease. Maintaining communication with your solicitor is essential to speed up the process.
- Solicitors’ fees for conveyancing are around £850 to £1,000, which is a small proportion of the overall buying and selling costs.
- They help in buying the property so that the owner is legally transferred to you. And they are also regulated by the government and have the authority to provide reserved legal activities.
How To Find A Property Specialist
Here is how you can find a property solicitor in London:
- Take recommendations from your friends, family, lender, mortgage broker or financial advisor..
- Use search engines to find the best solicitor in your area. Check out their website, reviews and ratings.
- Make a list of all the property specialists in your area and compare their prices and services.
- Check for their mode of communication and evaluate their transparency with clients.
- Ensure they are government certified and must be members of Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
A conveyancing solicitor handles all the legal work related to the house, and they also guide you properly in the property purchasing process. So, if you are willing to buy a house in your dream city, you must contact an expert solicitor who can help you with every legal task related to your property purchase.
Share It on :